To produce high quality food for clients, staff and visitors at the Service offering a nutritious and appetising range of food encompassing the requirements of vegetarian, vegan and cultural cuisine for clients with special dietary needs.
1. To prepare, cook, present and serve food for clients, staff and visitors at specified times.
2. To plan menus within an agreed budget, prepare and cook food in line with approved recipes and keep food wastage to a minimum.
3. To be responsible, in conjunction with the Administration Officer, for the upkeep and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
4. In conjunction with the Administration Officer, to order food supplies whilst keeping within the agreed budget.
5. To receive and check deliveries and pass the correct invoices to the Administration Officer.
6. To be familiar with and ensure that all statutory regulations governing food preparation and hygiene are adhered to (e.g. Food Hygiene Regulations, Public Health Act, and Environmental Health Act).
7. To clean working areas and equipment after use in accordance with cleaning schedules, infection control and statutory regulations.
8. To be aware of security and act accordingly at all times.
9. To follow guidelines in relation to the storage of food and stock rotation.
10. To ensure that all used crockery and cutlery are collected, washed up and put away in a safe and hygienic manner in line with the services infection control policy.
11. To ensure all kitchen linen, e.g. overalls, tea towels etc, are laundered and that adequate stocks are available.
12. To identify and advise on catering requirements within the Service.
13. To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of recipes in relation to healthy eating and the special needs of the client group.
14. To identify training needs.
Please contact Sandeep.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 272 7714
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.