Responsible for the operation of the plant, working a rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality by inspecting, monitoring, troubleshooting and document plant processes by reading plant measuring and monitoring equipment through SCADA systems and other instrumentation.
* Have a strong awareness of the company's vision and actively supports the company's core values as contribution to our business.
- Environment: Protection of our permits and our environment.
- Our People: Protection and health of our people and community.
- Integrity: In dealings with all those we interact with.
- Excellence: In technology, innovation and in quality and service.
* Comply with HSE procedures and systems at all times, to ensure the safety of you and your colleagues. Report any HSE observations or unsafe acts to your Line Management immediately and enter them on the system.
* Adhere to plant operational procedures for production goal achievement and handle work safely.
* Input operational system status with applicable process parameters and control system tools.
* Function as plant operation to calibrate and troubleshoot process automation systems.
* Gain awareness of process operating requirements and trends and suggest operating adjustment suggestions.
* Manage electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities with the competency of a plant operator and maintenance personal.
* Direct operators for effecting changes in plant conditions.
* Oversee productions and process key parameters for operating the plant within parameters.
* Assess process logs and support Process Technician to troubleshoot.
* Responsible and accountable for operating the plant and that the facilities meet all safety, quality and performance expectations.
* Responsible for providing direction to the process technicians and liaising with other Control Room Technicians (CRT) on job safety requirements to ensure that subordinates understand the work objectives, safety, health, environmental and security concerns.
* Responsible for supporting the Process Technician in providing oversight of site activities and ensuring they are integrated and conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
* Responsible for leading the Operations Emergency Response activities relating to the CRT position.
* Provide support and coordination with the Systems Completion team in start-up and commissioning of the facilities.
* Supports work prioritization to maximize effectiveness and to compliment the efforts of other work groups.
* Ensuring the Operations Supervisor is informed and consulted about operations and major issues.
* Maintain a daily log and shift changeover notes.
* Potential backfills for Operations Supervisor.
* Ensure all HSE permits are filled correctly in absence of shift supervisor.
* To share and to be aware of any Risk Assessment takes place for the specific area.
* Develop the process technician to be a future CRT. Provide report to the direct leader on the development plan.
* Share knowledge with team members.
* Take prompt action if any of the parameters are deviated.
* Support the technical/Metallurgists team to improve the operation.
* Assist Maintenance team for solving issue and/or troubleshooting.
* Ensure the shift Log Book is correctly updated.
* Ensure to have professional handover with the incoming shift/CRT
* Perform root cause analysis and applying problem solving method.
* Operate the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) for plants startup and shutdown operations in order to meet Company's objectives and production targets.
* Monitor and inform Supervisors and Technicians of any trouble shown in the SCADA system.
* Monitor all preventive maintenance plans, follow up on completion and update feedback on the SCADA System.
* Monitor and record all key operational parameters and report any anomalies in a timely manner.
* Advanced working knowledge of pumps, compressors, control systems, chemicals etc.
* Takes immediate corrective actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergency situations.
* Monitor & Control the usage of raw materials, chemicals and other plant utilities effectively to an optimum level in safe manner.
* Communicate with field operators for parameter adjustments in field.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Process/Chemical/ Metallurgical) with minimum 6 years industrial/related experience.
Diploma in Engineering (Process/Chemical/ Metallurgical) with 10 years industrial/related experience.
· Extensive experience in Company Operations or similar - Preferable.
· Previous experience as a Control Room Technician - Preferable.
· Considerable experience in gas handling facilities - recommended.
· Expert in production operations/processes.
· Expert in DCS/SCADA logic and layout.
· Expert in shutdown logic.
· Solid Operations start-up, equipment commissioning background.
· Ability to interact in a multi-cultural environment
· Good interpersonal and motivation skills.
· Advanced knowledge of safety management tools and processes.
· Very good in English Language.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.