Search Global is a global mining recruitment specialist providing the full cycle recruitment assistance to major and junior mining companies. Currently we are looking for the Contracts Manager for mega mining project. This is the unique opportunity to be a part of management team from early stages of the mine to it's fully operational cycle.
The Owners Project Company now seeks to employ an experienced Contracts Manager to engage with the Team and provide a world class support service to the Project.
The Contracts Manger will be based in Moscow, Russian Federation and will report to the Contracts & Procurement Director. The successful candidate will be required to operate in accordance with existing Group standards, policies and procedures, ethics and applicable Law while at the same time ensuring a high level of support service to associated Owner internal departments
The Contract Manager will be responsible for planning, organization and direct control of the activities of the Peschanka Copper Project Owner's Contracts Group.
This will involve:
(a) Routine engagement with Project Management and discipline leaders to determine services required to be arranged and contracted being particularly sensitive to the urgency of the placing of the contracts with regard to the execution of the contracted works ,
(b) Identifying the appropriate contract type for the letting of the required services and briefing Contract Officer / s in the delegation of the conduct of the pre contract bidding routine to completion of the Contract document/s,
(c) Specifically Plan and Control all commercial aspects , particularly leading the negotiation of all proposed contracts in accordance with the Group and Project existing standards , policies and procedures , applicable law and the Project Sub Soil Use Permit (to the extent that this applies) and being aware of and proposing risk mitigation through prudent Contract provisions ,
(d) Supervising of the preparation of Contract documentation and being responsible for the administration of the routine of internal Contract approval and monitoring progress to the completion of the Contract documentation,
(e) As part of the Owners management team, being engaged with and having responsibility for oversight and control of the External Project Engineer engaged in the development of Bankable Feasibility Study and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services,
(f) As a specific function to work with the Procurement Manager to develop and place contracts for the procurement of goods at prices and on terms that benefit the Project.
Aligning overall organizational strategy with Contractors / Service Providers , with the focus on building partnerships;
Plan and build a professional supporting team comprising Contract Officer /s by identifying and executing appropriate training and development opportunities for supporting team members ;
Organizing department effectively to ensure satisfaction service delivery to internal and external stakeholders;
Develop, establish, implement and maintain contracting policy, procedures and systems, and monitor the adherence of these procedures both within Project and by extension to its contractors.
Establish and develop the Contracts team ensuring the engagement of sufficient trained staff to carry out the required Owners contracting tasks as well as the task of over sight of the EPCM process.
Ensure successful acquisition of services through effective contracting in terms of costs, quality, quantity, services and availability.
Select, train and develop personnel to form an effective team and monitor individual staff development plans in line with the Company succession planning.
Develop contract plans and strategies based on Company contracting requirements and provide regular progress status reports of all contracting activities.
In conjunction with the IT Department, develop, implement and update the contracting components of any Company finance, contract management, Electronic-business and related systems.
Manage contract and contractor administrative matters relating to Government regulatory compliance and interaction, claims, disputes, invoicing/payments, correspondence, review meetings, back charges, taxes, insurance, liability, indemnities, bonds and retentions.
Develop and maintain standard contract documents and train staff to prepare formal contract documentation customized to suit specific contract requirements of Project's operational and construction activities.
Provide specific focus and compliance to contract management and contractor activities with respect to Company standards for health safety and loss control, environmental management, external relations and local business initiatives and support.
Ensure approval all requests for contracts and execution of all contracts are carried out timeously in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Responsible for managing critical contractual formation, obligations, risk and liability.
Add to the project bottom line by strategic thinking and action to reduce effort and increase revenue by timely intervention.
Provide discipline reports on a monthly and weekly basis.
Provide mentoring to national staff.
Professional and Personal Requirements and Attributes
* Degree in commercial law, business, with an added qualification in Contract / Supply Chain Management would be preferred. An understanding of engineering terms and contractual requirements as well as practices and procedures will be advantageous together with a significant technical knowledge of process based projects/ Consultant interface management
* Good background and expertise on EPCM Projects in international environment specifically on significant mining or construction Projects.
* Should have strong skills in Contracts Management, administration and negotiation of change orders/claims.
* Minimum 15 years' experience in contract management and contract administration on a major mining project with a scale more than USD 1bln.
* Experience in the establishment , development and mentoring of a local nationals contract department team
* Sound understanding of relevant business, legal system, commercial and company law, immigration, manpower, tax, importation and mining regulations.
* Well-developed computer skills to be able to implement and maintain effective processes and procedures and contribute in a meaningful way to the establishment of a world class ERP system .
* Strong analytical capabilities and negotiating skills, sound business sense, advanced English language documentation skills with high attention to detail.
* Remote / cold climate experience
* Reflects high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the company.
* The employee is required to reside and work in Moscow, Russian Federation. Site visits may be required after the Feasibility Study has been completed;
* 5 days on/2 days off
- Very attractive salary
* 26 working days' vacation is granted
* Allowance for accommodation and travel will be provided by the Company
Languages: English Language Essential
For more information please contact Michal Szypkowski firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.