Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Car allowance, pension, bonus
Due to increased contract wins, one of Scotland's premier construction main contractors are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager to join the management team.
This is a fantastic chance to work for a leading construction business, with a hugely impressive track record of delivering a diverse range of high end projects across Scotland.
To ensure that contracts are completed on time, to budget and to standards required. To maximise returns. To promote the Company's image and capabilities. Develop effective teamwork. Be an effective communicator.
* Check drawings to ensure proposals / details are practical and economic
* Prepare programmes for Building, Buying, Surveying and Services
* Liaise with Local Authority, Service Companies and any other Organisations relevant to the project
* Ensure the required site registers/documents are maintained and kept up-to-date
* Ensure Sub-Contractors are appointed in sufficient time to meet the agreed Building Programme, liaising and co-ordinating Sub-Contractors and Suppliers
* Monitor actual site progress to the latest programme, ensuring sites operate safely, smoothly and efficiently
* Monitor outstanding information required to complete the works and ensuring this is provided in sufficient time to avoid delay being caused to the site works
* Resolve design and building problems
* Ensure works on site carried out in compliance with the latest Health & Safety Regulations. Including assessment of sub-contractors health and safety
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme
* Assist in the presentation of the contract brief to the client
* Manage the selection and formation of site personnel teams (inc. sub contractors) as determined by individual contracts
* Manage site personnel, work activities and resources to meet the requirements of individual contracts
* Control individual contract progress towards completion
* Control individual contract budgets
* Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time
* Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy & other relevant policies
* Ensure the works on site are carried out in accordance with the drawings & specifications, and regular quality checks are carried out on site in accordance with the Company QA procedures
Key Selection Criteria:
* Budget Compilation & Management
* Analytical & problem solving skills
* Methodical approach to tasks undertaken
* Construction/Operations Management experience
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
* IT literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email
* Experience of using ASTA Power Project is essential
* Technically astute and able to confidently read drawings
* Ability to work as part of the Management Team
* Excellent Leadership Skills in order to drive Design and Construction process to completion
* Commercial Awareness
* Health and Safety - 5-day SMSTS, CSCS Black Card and other relevant certification
* Relevant Construction Qualification HND/Degree
* Full UK driving licence.
* Salary on offer us up to £70,000
* Car allowance of £6600 per year
* Bonus Scheme
* 30 days holiday
* Pension 6%
* Life Insurance
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.