£30-£40k with benefits
Search Consultancy is currently recruiting for a Contracts Engineer based in and around Aberdeen that is working within the Oil & Gas, Renewables or Offshore Construction industries.
The Contracts Engineer will be responsible for reviewing commercial documentation submitted during the tender process and when necessary throughout the life of the project and assisting in the preparation and submission of tenders throughout all phases of the corporate proposal process.
The Contracts Engineer will compile bid packages ensuring that these are high quality, accurate and demonstrate both our Technical and Commercial strengths.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To compile tenders for the company in line with the business plan targets.
While assisting the proposals department with continual support throughout the complete bid process.
Offer commercial support to the Proposals, Administration and Projects Dept and Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and TRAINING
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Contractual awareness
* Strong analytical and commercial skills
* Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met
* Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
* Previous work experience as a Proposals/Tendering/Contracts Engineer preferably within the Oil & Gas, Renewables or Offshore Construction industries
* Understanding of Engineering principles
* Previous estimating experience
* Good communication, organisational and negotiation skills
* Ability to work using own initiative and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Pro-active forward looking approach
* Commitment to provide excellent Customer Care
* Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.