Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
An opportunity is available for a Construction Manager to join a major Main Contractor operating throughout Scotland, to drive infrastructure and site contracts from inception to completion.
You will provide effective management of project teams, ensuring that production, profitability, safety and quality targets are met at all times. You will also promote a harmonious working relationship between the project team and clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To ensure the effective use and management of all company resources on site including contract management, site management and operatives
* To ensure suitable and sufficient resources are coordinated for carrying out the work n Construction with Contracts Manager
* Ensure customers' expectations are met or exceeds (per relevant KPI's)
* Monitor and enforce health and safety performance to ensure compliance with legal obligations and company requirements and develop contract team to ensure compliance.
* Monitor performances against construction programmes to ensure targets are met and completions are on time.
* Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure quality. Sub contract
* Monitor weekly sub contract availability with contracts manager and ensure optimum utilisation and efficiency is achieved.
* Ensure site liaison with commercial department is clear, regular and ensure relationships are built and maintained
* Control infrastructure, build and prelim costs in line with budgets and contribute to CVR process
* To support Contracts Managers in developing skills of site managers and providing training as required to achieve agreed goals.
* Provide strong project management discipline to projects minimising risk and ensuring control.
* Coordinate with other departments to ensure operational efficiencies are maximised. To advise on procurement of works and services including major infrastructure packages, to ensure efficient delivery.
* Coordinates with other departments and achieve target reductions in Build Costs, construction build times (programme), buildability, and plotting efficiency (Coverage)
* Ensure all reporting from Site / Contract Manager is accurate on time and reported to Head of Construction on a by weekly basis
* Prepare monthly report for Head of Construction and Operations Director
* Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
* Adhere to the Company Safety Policy and all Health and Safety Regulations
* Follow all Company and Quality Procedures
Salary - Circa £65 - £70K +
Car Allowance - £5,580pa
34 days holidays
Cash Plan Healthcare
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.