CALLING ALL CONSTRUCTION GRADUATES!
Are you a university graduate looking to take the first step into a Construction career?
Have you always been interested in pursuing an Estimating role?
Or do you already possess some estimating or commercial experience within the construction industry?
Would you like to join a market-leading company that invest heavily in the development of their workforce and have a long pipeline of upcoming projects?
This opportunity is the ideal first step for a university graduate or construction professional with Estimating experience to pursue an Estimating career with a market leading contractor who deliver projects from inception to completion. The company have a very clear and tangible commitment to their staff, they invest heavily in their workforce, they have excellent and long-standing relationships across their supply chain and always aspire to exceed their client's expectations. This has resulted in them consistently receiving various industry recognised awards and accolades. They take great pride in having a diverse workforce and adopt all the latest construction techniques and technology.
Your role will include working closely with your mentor to prepare and submit tender proposals in order to assist in the securing of profitable work for the business. Bids must be prepared within the allocated timescales whilst being attractive and competitive to clients and aligned to the company's business strategy and requirements. You will also be tasked with seeking to improve competitiveness through innovative thinking and liaising with all disciplines across the business to ensure that projects are successfully completed.
What they are looking for:
* Someone with a genuine interest in the construction industry
* Good numerical and literate skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Customer focused
* An ability to work under pressure and to timescales
* High attention to detail
* Someone who is committed to their Continuous Professional Development and constantly seeking to learn and improve.
* Someone who wants to work as part of a cohesive team and make a positive contribution to the success of the team.
You should ideally have the following:
* Construction related degree or equivalent qualification
* Alternatively a relevant qualification i.e. mathematics
* Efficient in using planning software including Microsoft Excel & Word
So if you want to embark on a clear career path with a leading name in their sector where you can build your skills and expertise, forming an integral part of this forward thinking and successful construction company then we would welcome your application.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.