Up to £75,000 per annum
My clients are a CRO specialising in drug discovery and early drug development. They have an opening for an enthusiastic and experienced Computational Chemist to join their Drug Discovery team based in Hoddesdon.
As Computational Chemist, you will be expected to:
* Creatively and proactively apply computational methods, including structure-based drug design, homology modelling, conformational analysis, docking, virtual screening, molecular dynamics, quantum methods, cheminformatics, diversity/similarity analysis and QSAR/machine learning/artificial intelligence to the analysis of project data and design of project compounds to advance multiple drug discovery projects.
* Have expertise in structure- and ligand-based drug discovery
* Understand physicochemical properties and DMPK and their importance in small molecule drug design
* Knowledge of cheminformatics methods and databases
The ideal candidate for the Computational Chemist role will have:
* A Ph.D. degree in the area of computational chemistry, or equivalent industrial experience
* Multi-year experience in world class small molecule drug discovery organisation(s).
* Demonstrated their computational skills through contributions to multiple drug discovery efforts in multidisciplinary project teams, ideally in the pharma industry.
* Excellent communication skills as this is a client facing role
If you are an experienced Computational Chemist and this sounds like you, then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.