Claims Handler Accidental Damage Tonbridge Permanent Full Time £19,000
Do you have tact and assertiveness and a true passion for Customer Service?
Have the ability to deal with sensitive situations?
Looking for career progression within Insurance and have Claims Handling Experience?
This is a great opportunity working for a well established insurance company looking for motivated friendly staff; you will be the face/voice of the company as a first point of contact for all policyholders across multiple insurance products.
You will be providing world class customer service and manage the Full lifecycle of claims and act as the primary customer contact in managing a portfolio of Accidental Damage claims.
* Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for relevant or related peril
* Building policy-holder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policy holder specifically
* Checking that the policy covers the claims
* Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
* Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
* Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels
* Managing a high volume portfolio of fast paced claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement
* Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims
* Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team
* Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing
Skills and experienced required:
* Secondary education or equivalent with qualifications in Maths and English
* Experience of working in call centre environment
* Knowledge of the insurance claims process
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
* Good spoken and written communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
Apply now for this fantastic role
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.