Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£11.96 - £14.90 per hour
Search Consultancy is working with Worcestershire County Council to recruit two Complex Care Leavers Outreach Support Workers to join their team at Worcestershire Children First.
Pay Rate: £11.96-14.90 per hour
37 hours per week
Our People Values:
Our Vision, Mission, and Values define our reason for being. They are indicators of our direction of travel, to guide services and colleagues. This is particularly important for Worcestershire Children First as our Company represents positive change and new opportunities for colleagues and children, young people and families:
* Children at our Heart - We will keep children and young people at the heart of everything we do
* Value Family Life - We will support and empower parents to care for their own children well
* Good Education for All - We will value education as the best start in life for all children and young people
* Protection from Harm - We will act in a professional and timely way to protect children from harm
The complex Care Leaver Outreach Support Worker will:
* Support young people who have left care who may present with issues where they require additional support.
* Support Care Leavers aged 18-24 years old
* Provide assessment and support to young people who are looking to transition from residential care or foster care and/or who are identified as needing a high level of support to either maintain accommodation or work towards independence.
* Provide support for young people, participating in the assessment of their needs and the implementation of plans for their future
* Provide assessment and support care leavers who may be homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
* To provide support in emergency and crisis situations.
The Complex Care Support Worker will be responsible for:-
* Creating and participating in tailored outreach support packages, in crisis and within planned intervention to promote independence and meet the needs of Care Leavers.
* To support accommodation stability and prevent eviction from accommodation.
* To ensure that work commissioned has clearly identified targets, outcomes and the measures to quality assure work undertaken.
* Forming relationships with young people and families, which will facilitate the support and assessment process, encouraging them to participate fully in opportunities to enable their development.
* Support planned work individually and in groups to support young people who are experiencing a range of complex difficulties.
* To support young people in pursuing appropriate education, training and employment to promote their social inclusion, monitoring their participation
* Work closely with housing and other relevant professionals
* Liaising with relatives, other significant people and outside agencies.
* Liaise with colleagues within Children's Services, Adult and Community Services and professionals within external agencies, as agreed within plans for young people and in the development of services.
* Intensive and Independence support, and sleeping in duties, some of which may be in a crisis.
* Keep written records, assessments and produce reports as requested in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
* Participating and contributing in the formal assessment, planning and review process, providing oral and written contributions and reports where appropriate.
* Keeping abreast of developments in theory and practice in relation to social care and related areas.
* Being familiar with Departmental policies and procedures.
* Attending and taking an active part in relevant team and professional meetings.
* To participate in duty response system for referrals, advice and support
* Participating in staff development and training programmes.
* Delivery of training, support and care to young people, placement providers and other relevant professionals/agencies.
* To prepare for and participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal in accordance with Worcestershire Children First procedures
* Being fully aware of racial, cultural and religious issues and anti-oppressive practice.
* Ensure that young people are as fully involved as possible in decisions which affect them individually.
* Actively promoting the role of the service.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Be responsible for handling designated amounts of petty cash, receipting monies as appropriate and conducting such transactions in accordance with financial regulations.
* Be able to work with and support young people across the county
* Be responsible and accountable for efficient mobile and flexible working across the county.
Previous social care experience required as well as tenacity/resilience for the role!
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 835 8772 / 07774 778876.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age