Main contractor FM provider on Aberdeen looking for a Commercial Surveyor to join there team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
* Managing costs on a wide variety of projects and structures, such as residential developments, sports stadiums, roads and bridges, schools, hospitals, offices and factories;
* Undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
* Performing risk and value management and cost control;
* Advising on procurement strategy;
* Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities;
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Allocating work to subcontractors;
* Providing advice on contractual claims;
* Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
* Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
This list is not exhaustive or an exclusive list of duties.
These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the company; in particular the post holder may be required to provide support to holders of other posts according to changes in workloads and patterns of working.
* Good negotiation and mediation skills
* Ability to interpret, analyse and evaluate data
* Interpersonal skills
* The ability to remain calm under pressure
* Good judgement
* Written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of the industry
* High standard of IT skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Logical and methodical approach to work
* Ability to prioritise and to meet targets
If you are interested in this role please contact Annette on 0141-272-7737 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.