Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
3 months ago
An international law firm with an excellent presence in the South East of England, are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate for their Commercial team.
The role will be principally focussed on technology and digital services work. This role will work closely with the other members of the Corporate / Commercial Division and sector specialists in the wider firm to meet its existing work requirements and execute the business development strategy.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities :
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage your own workload cost effectively and provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
* Work with, and assist in the development of more junior members of the team
* Apply a commercial approach to delivery of advice
* Support Partners and lead the Firm's Business Technology campaign in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department's client base and network of intermediaries and contacts
* Assist with a limited amount of corporate support on IT and data heavy technology deals
* Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how
* strong technical knowledge of technology and commercial contracting, ideally with digital transformation, cloud contracting and outsourcing skills
* good working knowledge of data protection law and current information security standards
* sector specific knowledge, for example in digital, broadcasting, retail or financial services
* experience working in a leading technology firm or firms
* clarity of thought and good communication skills
* Good drafting skills and clear expression appropriate to the client types you will work with
* A highly collaborative approach, and effective liaison with colleagues, other practice groups and other law firms and advisers.
The ideal candidate must:
* be a qualified solicitor or equivalent with 4-7 PQE
* have strong commercial experience
* it is expected that the candidate will have undertaken an in house secondment or have in house or appropriate industry experience
* have proven track record in business development and marketing with an emerging profile in a TMT/ digital sector or sectors
For more information please contact Catherine Knowles on 0203 151 2151 or email Catherine.email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.