Position: Commercial Auditor
Salary Range: £45-55k
Are you an experienced Commercial Auditor from the construction industry, looking for an exciting new opportunity?
Our client is one of the UK's largest, independently owned construction, infrastructure and support services companies. With over 3000 people directly employed throughout their various regional offices, they cover the entire built environment life-cycle.
They are an innovative and transformative organisation with over 50 years' experience of the industry. They take pride in offering a warm, friendly and family-driven culture for their people.
As Commercial Auditor you'll be undertaking project audits to establish whether the commercial reporting is accurate, relevant and realistic. You'll be able to confidently and effectively assist project staff in delivering the best possible outcomes for projects on an ongoing basis.
Whilst providing guidance and clarity on all aspects of current group commercial policy, procedure and process, you'll be able to develop current policy, procedure and process by providing feedback on levels of compliance with current group standards.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include;
* Assist in developing a realistic programme of audit and seek agreement with each business to the audit programme proposed. Consider all aspects relating to each live project in developing the audit programme including stage in project life-cycle, overall duration, commercial performance and specific project risks
* Prepare, and present where required, regular reports on audit findings to senior management and undertake further in-depth reporting on particular projects where necessary
* Monitor on an on-going basis the commercial performance and forecasts of any projects falling within the audit programme
* Undertake bespoke project audits where required outside of the audit programme
* Assist in the ongoing development of audit techniques through a process of continuous review of audit findings
To be considered for this role you'll need to have the following skills and experience;
* Proven financial and / or commercial experience with a main contractor
* Quantity Surveying or Financial qualification
* Ability to work independently and take responsibility for own work
* Analytic and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* IT literacy including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
* A valid full driving licence
Together with a dedicated training team, our client offers a huge range of personal development programs, ensuring clear career progression and the opportunity to truly transform your career.
If you're an experienced Commercial Auditor looking for a change and that next step in your career, please apply now with your most up-to-date CV.
If you require any further information please feel free to contact James Slinger at the Search office in Leeds.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.