Our client is looking for a Commercial Account Handler to join their team in North Manchester/ Bolton.
Your role will be to provide support to commercial lines insurance clients to ensure conversion of new business, service of existing accounts and retention of renewals to achieve company income targets in accordance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
As a Commercial Account Handler your responsibilities will include:
* Respond to enquiries from clients, brokers and underwriters received by phone, letter, e-mail or fax in a courteous and helpful manner and ensure that all information required by clients or underwriters is obtained and communicated.
* To make outbound calls to clients about new enquiries, chasing outstanding quotes and offering renewal quotations where applicable. Call volumes will need to be an acceptable level as confirmed by the sales manager with new leads to be chased periodically throughout the day with a minimum of three contacts daily and initial contact made as soon as the enquiry is sent where possible.
* Complete the key task of "fact finding" to identify clients' requirements and to provide a quotation to fulfil their needs.
* Using the information gathered, determine which insurers will provide the most competitive rates for the covers required.
* Obtain quotations, using quotation system, rating guides or by referring to insurers. Communicate quotations, advising the most appropriate in terms of price and cover to meet the applicant's needs.
* Discuss any "additional" covers to ensure that all insurance requirements are satisfied.
* Issue invoices and policy documents and update client records.
* The jobholder will share responsibility for dealing with any actions attaching to existing clients on mid-term adjustments and claims and will occasionally refer to senior colleagues.
* Maintain the system for raising renewals, which should be actioned 4-6 weeks before renewal date. Manage the departmental diary system and produce renewal documentation.
* Scrutinise new business documents received from insurers and pass to Administration section for processing.
* Handle referrals from the Administration section in respect of renewals, where appropriate.
* Ensure that the paper files and system records are created for new business and updated following all client contacts.
* Liaise with accounts department to ensure that credit control rules are followed and that cash flow objectives are achieved.
* Chase and receive payments by cheque, credit card and direct debit for new business, renewals and policy amendments. Issue receipt documents and send renewal documents.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.