Our client has tasked us with finding them an experienced CNC machining centre setter/operator. The successful candidate will also be required to create basic programs as well as edit and modify existing programs.
* Create programs directly on the machine to machine products to meet customer requirements based on drawings supplied
* Edit/modify existing programs on CNC machining centers to meet customer drawing requirements.
* Carry out manufacturing processes and/or set and operate machinery as trained, to manufacture product to meet specifications on job routes.
* Fill out job paperwork accurately documenting actions taken.
* Meet production and quality targets set on a daily basis.
* Carry out quality checks on products and record the information accurately.
* Observe Safe Working Procedure, H&S instructions and additional training while operating machinery or working on processes.
* Check emergency stops as per instructions and fill out the relevant paperwork.
* Train and advise other operatives as and when required
* Raise any performance or H&S issues immediately with the cell leader or supervisor.
* Making sure that machinery and production areas are kept clean, maintaining a high level of house-keeping and fill out the relevant paperwork.
* Make suggestions on how to improve the processes in relation to production quality or manufacturing time.
* To carry out additional reasonable duties as required by business needs.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
* Experience of working in a target driven environment
* Performing Manufacturing Operations NVQ (desirable)
* Experience of setting and/or programming on CNC machining centers using Haas controls (highly desirable)
* Experience of setting or programming on CNC machining centers using Centroid controls (advantageous but not essential)
* Knowledge of machining composite materials (desirable)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.