I am currently working with an award winning Pension Consultancy who are looking to add a Client Relationship Manager to their team.
The main purpose of the role will be to take full responsibility for the administration service to a portfolio of existing clients and for the development of new business opportunities.
The Client Relationship Manager will play a key part in the overall success of the Company and will be required to act as the lead for administration in both joint service and administration only new business tenders and presentations.
Full responsibility for the administration service to a portfolio of existing clients and for the development of new business opportunities.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients' requirements.
- Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients.
- Preparing for and where appropriate participating in trustee meetings.
- Managing complex pensions queries and pensions consultative advice.
- Managing ad-hoc projects and exercises, e.g. scheme closure, data audit reports, liability reduction exercises. Ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Monitoring on going procedural developments and implementing changes to procedures where required.
- Contributing to technical sub-committees (TSC) and technical administration discussions.
- Managing the administration billing process.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry.
- Working closely with other departments/teams both internal and external to the Company in order to provide a total service to our clients. E.g. Pensions Accounts, Payroll, Administration Support and ITM (3rd party IT software provider).
- Managing new business tenders and presentations.
- Due to the changing nature of the business, you may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
Knowledge & experience:
- The role requires a combination of strong technical skills and the ability to manage client relationships at a senior level.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very thorough knowledge of pension administration activities and the ability to apply this knowledge to any scheme.
- You must have experience of Defined Contributions (DC) schemes.
- Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefits (DB) schemes is required.
- You must be able to demonstrate a very wide and deep knowledge of the various key areas of pensions legislation including pensions taxation, contracting out and preservation.
- Proven experience of handling complex member queries and calculations is essential.
- Previous presentational experience is required in order to lead in client meetings and new business presentations.
- Previous project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project based work.
- IT proficient, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Training, education & qualification
- Educated to a minimum of A Level or Degree or equivalent standard.
- Ideally a minimum of three C grades or above at A Level or equivalent qualification.
- Strong Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification - minimum grade B.
- APMI (or deemed 'qualified by experience')
For your hard work in this roll you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.