Overall Purpose of the job:
This role will report directly to a Client Accounting Manager and requires solid all-round client accounting knowledge in addition to extensive service charge accounting experience. You should have understanding of the property life cycle from mobilisation through to off boarding, including interpretation of completion statements, accounting for property sales/transfers to new agents, financial reporting, risk management and compliance.
The role will support the Senior Client Accountant in ensuring the delivery of all aspects of client accounting to the highest possible standard in line with client KPI's, RICS regulations and compliance controls.
Main duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database
- Working with internal stakeholders, monitor budget to actual and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account and escalate as appropriate any exceptions
- Client void management to ensure cashflow is maintained
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the service charge account with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete REM elements of the Service Charge Year End workflow, working closely with surveyors and appointed accountants, including cash reconciliation
- Produce monthly/quarterly client reporting in agreed formats in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all rent and insurance is paid over to client in a timely manner paying attention to any Duty of Care arrangements and the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme
- Ensure settlement of VAT in a timely manner
- Attend finance/accounts meeting both on and off site with your line manager
- Responsible for raising ad hoc and one-off charges for the recovery of costs as appropriate
- Responsible for timely recovery of utility costs and complete full reconciliations of the utility recharge account
- Liaise with credit control/supervisor to assist in the recovery of all charges
- Produce bank reconciliations for review and ensure any reconciling items are cleared monthly
- Liaise with cashiers to resolve queries
- Assist REM helpdesk with any queries that may arise
- Ensure all KPI's and delivery deadlines are met
Salary up to £28k