We are on the lookout for an HGV Class 2 Drivers to join a busy team in Castleford. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient driving of class 2 vehicles from depots to other sites within the network and also to client sites, delivering or returning palletised and loose parcels and packages. The pay rate is £10.90 an hour.
The shifts involved in this multidrop delivery driver post will be afternoons only, between 16:00 and 19:30 each day. The rates are £10.90 per hour (PAYE) or £12.50 for an Ltd company or Umbrella and an overtime rate for weekend working.
To apply for this Class 2 driving position, you will require HGV experience, plus:
- A minimum of 2 years' previous Class 2 driving experience
- Verifiable training in driving an HGV vehicle
- No more than 6 points for minor endorsements on your license (major endorsements including IN, DR and DD cannot be considered)
- For insurance requirements, you must have a minimum of 12 Months Class 2 driving experience and have no more than 6 points for minor endorsements.
It will be your job as a delivery driver to ensure that the delivery vehicles are maintained at all times to company standards in terms of reporting of any defects to the vehicle. You will also need to ensure that the vehicles are driven safely, well presented and that all procedures and legal regulations are adhered to.
If you were already in this role, this is how your first week would have looked:
- Handling packages with care and attention, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct address
- Completing assigned deliveries within the time allocated on the designated route, and resolving day to day issues
- Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the handheld terminals
To apply for this Class 2 Driver role in Castleford, please contact us today.
The Search Driving team have a number of HGV Class 1 and HGV Class 2 full-time jobs coming online weekly so please don't forget to drop by next week!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age