I am currently working with a multinational Financial Services company based in East Sussex that are looking for a Claims Team manger.
Purpose of role:
Lead and manage a team of Claim Specialists to provide a pro-active and comprehensive claims management and assessment service for a defined account portfolio, authorising and processing the payment of claims for all Group Protection Products.
- Ensure the teams objectives and efforts are aligned to overall departmental goals, service level agreements and targets, pro-actively using relevant management information to monitor and respond to changes in performance levels.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of staff within the Claims Team, ensuring the correct level of resource and the quality and competency of staff is maintained.
- Deliver a comprehensive assessment, management and administration of Group Protection claims, deciding whether to accept or reject liability, and authorise payment as per individual authority limits as agreed by the Head of Claims, whilst building effective relationships with corporate clients and IFA's to promote understanding of our Claims Management Philosophy.
- Define, develop & deliver processes & systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act (1995), the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and the companies Confidentiality Policy.
- Propose and authorise expenditure on rehabilitation or work re-integration programmes up to £15,000 and authorise appropriate external medical evidence to support the assessment of the claim up to £5,000.
- Develop and build effective relationships with our external suppliers to ensure that we receive cost effective services.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customer's expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to the firms Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy and where failings are identified; provide information to relevant areas to enable changes to be made.
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the Company's policies and procedures the including Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
Qualifications: The jobholder is encouraged to obtain the Life & Disability Claims Diploma and the Group Risk module of the FPC qualification both of which are qualifications supported by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- In depth knowledge of Group Protection products, past and present
- Good understanding of medical conditions and the effect these can have on an individual's ability to work
- Awareness of the investigative and rehabilitation services provided by external organisations.
- The job holder requires excellent communication, both verbal and written, skills; analytical and risk management skills; ability to be creative and strategic thinking.
- Must have people management skills
- Claims authorities: as agreed by Head of Claims
Salary and Benefits
* Up to £48,000 per annum
* Annual Discretionary Bonus - Based on individual performance
* Pension contribution - 5% of salary by L&G, plus up to 5% match
* 27 days holiday
* Private Medical
* Life Assurance - 8 x basic
* Group Income Protection
* Employee Share Plan
* Volunteering Scheme
* Discount shopping portal
* Plus many other benefits
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.