Claims Handler Tonbridge Permanent Full Time £19,000 - £25,000 Depending on experience
Do you have tact and assertiveness?
Have the ability to deal with sensitive situations?
Experienced within Customer Service, Insurance & Claims Handling Experience?
A well established insurance company looking for motivated friendly staff; you will be the face/voice of the company as a first point of contact for all policyholders across multiple insurance products.
To provide world class, full lifecycle claims handling and to act as the primary customer contact in managing a portfolio of Subsidence claims.
* Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for subsidence and underground pipes claims
* Building policyholder confidence by developing rapport through effective communication.
* Validating each claim against policy coverage.
* Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policyholder
* Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports and storing them on the claim file.
* Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels.
* Managing a portfolio of claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement.
* Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims.
* Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team.
* Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policyholder.
* Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing.
* Assisting with overflow calls during peak times where necessary.
* Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service.
* Ensuring that SLA's and KPI's are met and maintained consistently.
* To continuously demonstrate the company values and embody this through all work practices
* Provide input to the development of the business including system, process and supplier management
* To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested.
Ideally you will have:
* Experience working within Insurance ideally claims
* Have knowledge of the building repair process
* Excellent communication skills with very strong active listening skills
* Empathy and understanding
Apply now to find out more!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.