Do you have an interest and vast experience in chromatography? Do you enjoy leading a team?
We have a Chromatography Team Leader role leading a scientific team that would be perfect for you with a science led business that is focussed on delivering expertise to their clients.
The Team Leader role will include carrying out a variety of analytical techniques including GC, LC, IC, HPLC, MS and MS/MS on a wide range of test samples, incorporating analytical problem solving and method development. The site is a regulated environment adhering to current GMP and GLP standards.
* Receiving analytical requests, and carrying out or delegating laboratory-based analytical project work, applying analytical techniques to a wide range of sample types.
* Data processing, data interpretation and report writing
* Supervising team members carrying out method development and validation, including drafting of related documents (methods, protocols, reports).
* Line managing an internal team involving delegation for the completion of analytical tasks
* Working with the Section Manager to maintain a diverse team of staff with complementary skills and competencies and ensuring high levels of performance.
* Equipment maintenance and trouble-shooting.
* Client liaison, inter-group liaison and internal projects
* Contributing to and adhering to company standard operating procedures.
* Training of co-workers in own specialist techniques.
* BSc or PhD in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
* Broad practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods; method development research skills.
* Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation.
* Experience of working in GMP and GLP regulated environments
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
* Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
* Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
* A full, clean UK driving license.
The role comes complete with a generous competitive salary as well as a pension scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership and local Reward and Recognition schemes.
Essentially, this is a fantastic opportunity with a clear path of progression through the organisation.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.