Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £0.00 per annum
Search Consultancy are working with an authority in Tameside to recruit a Children's Social Worker to work within the Neighbourhood team.
Full time 37 hours a week Monday to Friday - Pay rate is up to £35 an hour
This is an exciting opportunity to come and work for Tameside Children's Services
We are looking for social workers to join our Neighbourhood Teams and we are currently offering excellent rates of pay of up to £35 per hour dependant on experience.
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the co-ordination and provision of appropriate services.
Requirements and expectations:
- To act as named social worker for children known to children's services under child in need / child protection plans and children subject to care proceedings.
- To develop a relationship with children and young people which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
- To work with families, in order to help identify and implement necessary support to ensure children are able to thrive and develop.
- To ensure children are effectively safeguarded and implement necessary measures to address any risk posed to them.
- To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including education, health and police.
- To implement and monitor child in need, child protection and looked after care plans for children.
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, Court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a Practice Manager for your pod as well as two Team managers for the neighbourhood team.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw to email@example.com or call 01618358764
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age