Chief of Staff - Interim role -£350 per day - Immediate start - Manchester
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer.
This role does not currently involve line management but will be responsible for coaching and mentoring senior managers.
About the role
To play a key role as a confidante and right hand for the CEO. To assist other executive board members in various ways and to provide flexible support to the organisation as required.
- Flexible support for the CEO with willingness to perform a variety of functions depending on needs of the organisation.
- To draft papers, presentations, and briefings.
- To write business cases and data reports, using appropriate IT and software packages
- To take responsibility for monitoring the organisations budget, to authorise expenses in the absence of the CEO and to contribute to the formulation of future budgets.
- To organise, gather and co-ordinate information for the CEO from various directorates, to report back on research and development projects and actions.
- To provide leadership and development capacity for programmes of work that do not fit neatly into the organisation's directorates.
- To provide support for the CEO on new initiatives, taking forward new ideas internally and externally, dealing effectively with stakeholders
- To provide support to members of the senior management team in performing their duties and providing management coaching for other staff as required.
- To keep abreast of changes in the external environment that would impact the organisation and to provide briefings on new trends for the Chief Executive Officer and the wider Senior Management Team.
- To act as a representative of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Any other duties commensurate with the seniority of the role
To apply for this role you will haves significant leadership experience in a senior role within Public sector, Government or NHS
For further information please contact Vicky Howard @ Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.