Chef Manager - £30,000pa - Educational Contract Catering - Great work life balance!
A fantastic Independent Girls School is looking for a talented Chef Manager to oversee the daily operation of food production and delivery. This exemplary site in Chelsea currently caters for around 130 students daily rising to close to 300 by 2021. You will be working for one of the most respected contact caterers in the industry and be responsible for ensuring the team are working efficiently and to the highest standards.
The opportunity to build on the fantastic team already onsite with new recruits in the coming months and really put your own stamp of the culinary operation will give the forward thinking, ambitious and creative Chef Managers out there an amazing opportunity to be a part of. Covering Lunch services along with a small break offering, the quality of the food here really is standout - exciting, innovative dishes are the standard expected at this prestigious site.
Details for the Chef Manager role;
* Monday to Friday mainly
* 40 hours per week
* 52 week contract with downtime throughout the holidays
* Excellent work life balance
* Innovative and Award Winning Contract Caterer
* Opportunity to develop within expanding business
Duties expected from the Chef Manager;
* Execution and delivery of innovative and nutritious meals to the highest standard
* To control portion size and monitor waste
* To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures
* To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information
* To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy
* To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the need of the location
* To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate
* To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information
The ideal Chef Manager will be;
* From an education background
* Ideally have classical training and experience
* Be passionate about food, fresh ingredients and contract catering
* Strong people and communication skills
* Flexible - there maybe times when due to the nature of the business additional hours/ working patterns may be required
This position is paying £30,000pa depending on experience and provides the right candidate to progress and cultivate a fantastic career within an award winning business all whilst working with fresh food and a providing excellent work life balance.
If this sounds like the position for you then apply below! For more information contact Matthew Covell at Search Hospitality.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.