Deputy Payroll Manager - Sheffield
£35k - £40k
This role requires someone who can think on their feet and loves working as part of a team. You will be part of a great team and manage this incredible team and be able to manage payroll meetings and be fully satisfied with the job you are in as this Deputy Payroll Manager.
What you will get:
* Be able to manage a great team along side your Payroll Manager.
* Opportunity for incentives for the team meeting their targets
* Be able to forecast your knowledge and skills as a Deputy Payroll Manager
* Parking is available and be close to all public transport in the surrounding area
* Job satisfaction that could lead you to wanting to take on a Permanent role
* Be able to see progression in yourself and your team at the company
This role as a Deputy Payroll Manager will require previous Management or Supervisory positions in association with Payroll positions, this is a requirement that is definite and will lead you to see and also feel the success of the team you will be managing.
What we need from you:
* Lead, manage and ensure the smooth running of the Payroll team and processes with adequate process controls and segregation of duties
* Ensure effective procedures and processes are in place to ensure absolute accuracy of wages and salaries;
* Authorise and release pay production run in line with agreed timetable;
* Authorise statutory and voluntary deductions from pay;
* Ensure up to date with payroll legislation;
* Authorise and submit all HMRC returns in line with regulatory requirements;
* Authorise and oversee all statutory payments;
* Provide expert guidance on payroll processes, legislation and compliance requirements;
* Developing and implementing payroll procedures and processes;
* Be knowledgeable in all aspects of the processes;
* Provide guidance on dealing with complex issues;
* Oversee the creation of accounting entries and authorise the journals;
* Review and authorise the release of the interface files;
* Deliver monthly management reports including reconciliation reports and issue to the business for review and authorisation;
* Ensure all process documentation/operating procedures are up to date.
Apply to this position or email me at @email@example.com or call on 0113 308 8071.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.