Customer Service Assistant - Bristol - £9ph - Immediate Vacancy
Mon - Fri 9-5pm + Saturday 9-1pm (on a rota basis - 2 per month)
All hours after 35hours are paid at 1.5hours.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a strong customer service assistant to join this busy team in Bristol. You will be based within this financial services branch and will be pivotal in ensuring the smooth running of customer transactions and daily branch activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Deliver exceptional customer service at all times in branch and over the phone
* Maintain basic knowledge of regulated and non-regulated in-house and 3rd party products and services with the opportunity to gain financial qualifications
* Complete customer security and identification checks prior to discussing and disclosing confidential information
* Provide a friendly, efficient and accurate counter service to all customers making cash deposits and withdrawals, setting up standing orders and regularly balancing the till
* Assist customers looking to open and close accounts or make transfers
* Facilitating in depth conversations to gain a thorough understanding of customer finances, recognising opportunities to discuss appropriate solutions
* Refer any suspicious activity to the Financial Crime team
* Diarise product renewal dates and make outbound, follow up calls to customers to discuss available products
* Refer customers that have wider financial needs such as Mortgages, Home or Life Insurance to accredited colleagues.
* Opportunities to achieve and retain an accreditation where it is recognised as being needed to carry out the role or is in line with personal development
* Complete administration tasks including booking appointments, maintaining customer records, scanning and letter writing.
* To adhere to all relevant regulatory rules and guidance applicable to the role.
* To maintain required standards of the Conduct Rules at all times in accordance with prevailing regulatory requirements.
* To maintain full awareness of and conformance to the Risk Management Framework including but not limited to the Information Security and Data Governance supporting frameworks.
What you'll need
* Experience of working with customers delivering exceptional service
* Confidence to facilitate sensitive financial conversations and the ability to empathise with different customer situations including vulnerable customers
* Strong attention to detail with a good level of numeracy to conduct accurate cash transactions
* Resilient and able to handle challenging customer situations
* A passion and drive to achieve good customer outcomes
* Previous experience working with Microsoft Office or in-house computer packages
* Ideally educated to GCSE level including Maths and English
* Knowledge of mobile technology in order to coach customers to self-serve online (desirable)
What you'll receive
* An excellent temp placement based within a well established financially regulated business
* Full support from the Branch Manager and colleagues
* Competitive salary
* Accrued holiday pay
* Auto-Enrolment pension
Do you have a 5* customer service skillset? Are you available immediately without any long periods of annual leave booked?
If so, then we want to hear from you!! Please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age