Are you an experienced Caretaker looking for a few weeks' work in a school-based role in Durham? The supervisor position we're recruiting for is being offered on a contract basis, starting as soon as possible until the end of July 2020 (subject to review).
The salary for this caretaker and cleaning staff supervisor role is £11.40 per hour. You will be working in a school in Durham, supporting the cleaning staff and carrying out various janitor duties.
Your Caretaker duties involve keeping all parts of the school, building safe and clean and in good working order. This may involve:
* Carrying out minor repairs, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains
* Turning heating and lighting on and off
* Making sure rubbish is removed, and any spills, graffiti, etc. is cleaned up
* Maintaining the school grounds and removing litter
* Attending to all matters of health and safety.
For significant issues, you will need to alert professionals such as plumbers, electricians and other contractors. You will also oversee the cleaning staff, and be a friendly voice of expertise in all matters relating to your caretaking duties.
The ideal Caretaker will:
* Be able to work varied hours from Monday to Friday
* Have an enhanced DBS on the update service, or be willing to have one done
* Have experience in a similar role.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Anca at Search's Manchester Branch. All interviews will be conducted online or on the phone. Your health and safety are of primary importance to Search Consultancy and the clients we represent.
The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age