We're on the lookout for more of our countries heroes, the front line key workers dedicated and committed to helping the fight against COVID-19. Are you a professional carer based in Edinburgh looking for your next career move? If so, this care role could be just what you're looking for. As a Care Assistant in Edinburgh, you will earn up to £13 per hour, with a flexible working schedule.
As a busy care assistant, you'll attend to the personal care needs of care home residents, as part of an inclusive and collaborative team who together create a supportive framework enabling residents to achieve maximum independence and life fulfilment. You'll be a passionate community care assistant or healthcare assistant who wants flexible working hours and can cover weekends and bank holidays. Along with a competitive hourly rate, you'll be entitled to additional career and lifestyle benefits.
Your care assistant responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the personal and emotional care of residents and other clients of the home.
- Administering medication by following care plans, medication records and our client's policy and procedure.
- Appropriate record-keeping, including completion of personal care records, medication records and care plans.
As part of this Care Worker role, you'll need to be supportive, reliable, inclusive and understanding of the needs and views of others.
What you'll need to provide:
- A minimum of 6 months' care experience within the UK
- SVQ Level 2 in Care, or a willingness to complete it alongside regular SVQ and statutory training where required.
- Basic care training and qualifications.
- Excellent communication and people skills alongside the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
If you're a Care Assistant living in Edinburgh and have the unique qualities required for this role, contact us today to register your interest by applying online. A member of our nursing recruitment team will be in contact to fast track your application.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.