Buyer : Sub-contract specialist - Bristol or Cardiff - £40k + Flexible hours + Bonus
We are working with a leading global multi-industrial company with established core businesses in building management, fire and security, HVAC and energy storage.
They are looking for a Buyer to join their team. The Buyer role consists of sub-contract labour procurement activities across variable categories, such as installation, pipework, electrical panels. The Buyer will be responsible for sub-contractor management and negotiations for sub-contract orders for projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Purchases complex sub-contract works for projects from established tender standards, within defined budgets
- Obtains quotations and negotiates with sub-contractors on cost, service and assists to ensure technical compliance on purchased installation contracts
- Plans and prioritises activities
- Liaise with sub-contractors for special equipment configurations as needed, assist with calculation and negotiation of all costs
- Collects, analyses and recommends solutions to quality
- Advises management of improvements and changes e.g price and marketing changes.
- Manages and builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Three to five years experience in an equivalent professional purchasing position within Construction or HVAC, fire and security industries, with knowledge of Service and installation projects.
- Degree or equivalent through experience
- Suitable knowledge of purchasing practices
- CIPS qualified or studying towards
- Management/working with subcontractors (electrical or mechanical) is a must.
You will be part of a global leading company who offer various benefit packages and who also believe strongly in career progression and employee satisfaction. If you feel you are a suitable candidate meeting all of the above requirements, then please click the link below to apply!
Search Consultancy are an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.