£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
My client, a leading manufacturer based near Trafford Park in Manchester, is keeping an experienced Buyer to add to their procurement team.
Reporting into the Purchasing Director they are seeking a high-calibre Buyer who has the desire to develop their career further with a company that has experienced significant growth over the past couple of years.
The Buyer will be responsible for:
* Purchasing of raw materials, engineering spares and on-site services
* Negotiation of tenders, volume contracts, price reductions
* Efficient inventory control
* Close liaison with the planning department to ensure a highly efficient process
* Management of supplier performance
* Management of vendor qualification process
* Management of KPI's
* Identify new suppliers for our products and services.
* Driving the approval of alternative suppliers of raw materials
* Develop and implement a process for pass through items from suppliers
Key skills required for the role:
* Excellent negotiating skills
* Experienced working with senior stakeholders
* Highly organised, diligent, methodical and thorough in approach
* Strong interpersonal skills capable of influencing internal & external stakeholders
* Commercially astute
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong ethical behaviour
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* 5 years of experience in purchasing in any environment, industrial, FMCG, or retail
* Good GCSE, A level results
* Commercial / Business Degree qualification (2:1 or above would be beneficial)
* CIPS or equivalent qualification
* Basic understanding of engineering, desirable but not essential
This is a permanent role with a salary of £35,000 to £45,000 dependent on experience. Please get in touch with Jessica Ingram to discuss further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.