About this role
Business Development Officer
Our client who are a member led trade association company for businesses across Scotland and Northern Ireland are looking to recruit a Business Development Officer role on a full time permanent basis due to growth of the company this will be a remote working role with occasional travel to Edinburgh Office.
This role will be to cover the West of Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The Business Development Officer plays a critical role serving as the primary interface between the business and its members. The position is central to developing and maintaining strong, productive relationships with existing members while actively seeking new opportunities to grow the membership base.
Your role is crucial in expanding the membership base while ensuring the current members receive outstanding value and support. You will play a key role in strengthening the business's position as a leading trade association by effectively engaging with current and prospective members.
Salary - Basic Up to £32,000 DOE with Car Allowance on top and Commission
Working Hours - Monday to Friday - 34.5 hours per week
Start date - ASAP
Location - Remote working
- Proactive recruitment and target achievement - Actively work to meet or exceed the agreed target for member recruitment in your designated regions.
- Member retention and attrition reduction - Implement the agreed retention strategies and activities to ensure ongoing member engagement and loyalty.
- Focus on reducing member attrition by effectively applying these strategies while providing input and feedback for their continuous improvement and adaptation.
- Member relationship management - Build and maintain strong relationships with members, understanding their business objectives and how you can support their growth.
- Effectively manage and address member issues
- Self-management and planning - Independently manage your time and planning to meet agreed targets and outcomes.
- Effectively balance administrative tasks and engagement activities, ensuring that both aspects contribute to achieving agreed-upon metrics.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Manager to contribute to developing and refining effective annual business development strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in business development, sales, or a similar role, preferably within a membership-based organisation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in building and maintaining relationships.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with IT, CRM systems and data analysis tools.
- A team player with a proactive, results-driven approach.
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel as required.
If you are interested please apply ASAP with your most up to date as our client is looking to interview ASAP.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Construction & Property, Sales
08 March 2024
Business Development Officer
Up to £32000.00 per annum
Up to £40000 per annum + OTE £52,000
Business Account Manager - Kitchen Sales
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Field Sales Executive - B2B
£28000 - £30000 per annum + bonus & company car
Business Development Consultant
Learn more about a career in Construction & Property
A highly skilled industry like construction and property needs an experienced hand. We can help you navigate your career, whether you’re just starting out or are already working in the field.