The successful candidate will spearhead the company's growth within the UK Oil, Gas & Chemicals sector. As Business Development Manager, you'll contribute to the business through both key account management and bringing on net-new business. There will be a heavy involvement in quotations and tenders and working with other business departments in order to arrive at the best customer solution.
- Planning and execution of sales strategy in order to surpass country targets
- To contact prospects, generate leads, organise sales visits, follow up enquiries and prepare proposals to maximise sales
- Work with location managers to effectively grow revenue
- Respond to enquiries and resolve client issues in a timely manner to ensure all opportunities are fully explores and customer confidence is enhanced
- Record all sales activities on the CRM system and ensure the information is correct and available
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships to ensure readiness for award and execution of new works and contracts.
The successful candidate will have extensive and recent experience in the UK Oil, Gas & Chemicals sector along with commercial and technical experience in the Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) sector, ideally services laboratory activity.
A degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science/Business related Science subject is essential as is a full driving license.
In addition to the above, the following also must be demonstrated:
- Relevant knowledge of the OCG sector , market trends, statutory obligations, innovation opportunities, economic and political influences
- Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop professional working relationships at all levels
- Focus on service delivery, client satisfaction and contract execution
- Able to identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential new/existing clients to encompass multi-scope services and options for bolt on business
- Ability to identify external influences, competitor activity/scope and sector trends
- Effective communication of technical concepts.
Non-essential but desirable:
- Experience of oil/gas trade and/or calibration services
- Sales & Marketing qualification/formal training
- Membership of relevant industry body/committee/steering group.
If this role sounds like a great fit then please apply, or contact Tony Cocozza on 0141 272 email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.