I am currently working one the world's largest privately held insurance brokerage firm who provide insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement services.
They are looking for a New Business Development consultant to join their Employee Benefits team in London.
The purpose of the role is to generate profitable new business opportunities and lead conversion to the Benefits practice in order to meet business targets.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding, accepting and promoting the firms culture, remaining consistent with the organisation's philosophies and mission statement
- Responsible for the production of a personal Commitment Plan detailing the new business, client retention, networking, personal development and financial plans
- Be personally accountable for revenue commitments, maintain up to date information on current performance (booked revenue and pipeline value
- Negotiate fees or commission earnings with clients and ensure credit control is compliant with group standards
- Effectively manage a pipeline of prospects to meet short medium and long-term financial goals
- Implement a systematic communication plan on targeted prospects and have specific objectives for each meeting
- Provide activity reports and pipeline status (via pipeline management tool)
- Provide leadership to and maintain effective working relationships with all Associates to ensure the best possible environment for client service
- In conjunction with service team, work to ensure all activities undertaken on behalf of the firm are compliant with internal standards and procedures and our regulatory obligations
- For all clients in portfolio, including allocated house accounts, monitor service standards and client satisfaction through regular contact with client and service team
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development
- An understanding of the general, legal principles of insurance
- An understanding of broader health, risk and wellbeing strategies and when these are useful to clients
- Ability to consult clients on other services and insurance needs
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates
- Ability build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates
- Presentation skills in both preparation and execution
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to instil confidence with clients so that the client looks to you and to the firm as more than just an insurance broker, but as a partner in business
- * Ability to coordinate the production of reports or presentation material which clearly explains necessary detail to clients, insurers and associates
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.