Building Control Surveyor
We are currently working with an established approved inspector service that has over 10 years experience in the industry. This role will see you working on some of the most exciting development in the North West.
The ideal candidate will have a Corporate Membership of the Building Control faculty and relevant Building Control experience. We are looking for someone who has experience of working unaided as a Building Control Surveyor on both domestic and commercial projects.
* A professional Building Control role which contributes to providing an unbeatable service for our clients and all those we work with.
* The role fits into the Technical Team, which is unrivalled in terms of experience.
* Being a team player forms an essential part of this role.
* Carrying out duties with professionalism and integrity is of paramount importance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Manage a caseload of projects in accordance with CICAIR Code of Conduct and the Building Control Performance Standards.
* Examine submitted plans; including undertaking relevant statutory consultations, to produce reports in order to determine compliance with the Building Regulations, The Building (Approved Inspector etc.) Regulations and the Building Act.
* Undertake site inspections of building works and record relevant notes contemporaneously, taking action where appropriate.
* Initiate the invoicing of design stage and site inspection fees. Includes liaising with the Credit Controller to resolve debtors.
* Commit to and maintain relevant continuing professional development in accordance with the requirements of CICAIR, professional institutions
Qualifications & Experience:
* Corporate Membership of the Building Control faculty
* RICS, CIOB, or CABE
* Relevant Building Control experience
* Experience of working unaided as a Building Control Surveyor on both domestic and commercial projects.
* Experience in both technical and general administrative procedures, using current ICT methods.
* Knowledge of the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations, Building Regulations, and associated legislation.
* Ability to be organised and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with all those we work with.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.