I am currently looking for an exceptional Bioinformatician to join an ambitious, world leading organisation based in Cambridge. Using innovative data mining techniques, my client supports both the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets through the discovery of novel health-promoting compounds. This is an exciting, fast-paced role where you will play an integral role in the development and optimisation of new bioinformatics tools to constantly improve data analysis processes. In addition to a competitive salary, this position also comes with an impressive benefits package.
Your duties as a Bioinformatician within this organisation will be varied, however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Discussing project scope and focus with clients
- Hands-on pipeline management and optimisation for genomic data analysis (e.g. Optimise and automate data extraction and integration))
- Interpret and analyse large genomic datasets e.g. genomic, proteomic, metabolomics and RNA-Seq datasets
- Develop bioinformatics software tools to interpret and integrate large scale biological datasets.
- Programming in R and/or Python;
- Propose and implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures
- Train and update colleagues across the business functions, in many different roles (lab scientists, computer scientists, non-scientists) on relevant technologies
The successful applicant will have:
- An MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics or Computer Science
- At least two years experience in biological software and algorithm development
- A good understanding of standard bioinformatics tools (protein databases, alignments etc)
- Strong programming and coding skills, proficient in Python and R
- General web development skills
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- A thorough understanding of statistics with relation to large dataset analysis
If you have any questions or would like to have some more information on the role please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.