We are assisting a global leader in Life Sciences in sourcing a Biochemistry QC Scientist to join their lab in Slough. The Quality Control scientist will be supporting the company's operations and ensuring quality at every turn. This is a full-time role and comes with a salary of up between £25k and £35k p/a DOE.
Your duties in this position will be based on your previous biochemical testing experience and life sciences experience, along with clients requirements. However, a typical week will include the following:
- Conducting biochemical testing and reviewing assays for release, stability and validation
- Utilising specialised analytical equipment including HPLC based testing, electrophoresis, and qPCR
- Critically assessing and interpreting all results
- Training staff to reinforce best practice, and producing training packages
You will also take part in regular quality records and risk assessments, completing regulatory records as required and preparing relevant GMP documentation. You will always be on the lookout for ways to improve processes and projects.
You will need previous experience in biochemistry to apply, along with these specific attributes and qualifications:
- A BSc in a relevant scientific discipline
- 2-3 years previous experience in a working pharmaceutical environment
- Demonstrable industrial experience in a range of relevant analytical methods
- Knowledge and experience of HPLC, electrophoresis, ELISA and qPCR, and GMP processes
You must be willing to operate flexibly and be able to switch priorities at short notice alongside excellent IT and communication skills go without saying!
If you are qualified to apply for this Biochemistry QC Scientist job in Slough, please contact us today for full details of the application procedure.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.