CAD & Data Technician Team Leader
Can you construct and review manufacturing drawings?
Have you previously led a draughting team?
Are you able to work effectively in a fast paced company?
Search are proud to be working with a market leading company on the recruitment of a CAD & Data Technician Team Leader based in Gateshead. You will oversee the Draughtsperson team ensuring all CAD related design work and associated BOM compilation and review is undertaken as required.
This is a full time permanent role based in Gateshead.
- Ensure full instructions are compiled including material requisition based on the details of the clients order and the information on M1 (ERP system) is available for all relevant operations or departments. There should be sufficient information included to ensure that design; procurement, fabrication and fixing processes are carried out in accordance with the project requirements. Material requisitions to be created as individual parts with any shared material split between production departments
- Construct and review manufacturing drawings to meet with client specification.
- Taking a lead role with structural engineers and managing this process and
- Responsibility for converting manufacturing BOMs into full production, amending all materials and operations to suit manufacturing design, alerting account or project managers to any variations in cost, for approval prior to manufacture.
- Release manufacturing jobs for production, following any amendments of drawings or to specific BOM's
- Liaise with procurement in creating items and material that are to be included in manufactured parts.
- Maintain the consistency of client drawings, specify the use of standard fixings, fixing methods weights and dimensions, updating the BOMs & Materials where changes have been agreed.
- Create CNC cutting files and save in the relevant drawing folder.
- Create paper template layouts for fixings and spacing ensuring these are printed at the time of the job being released.
- Implement and maintain the use of standard materials, client stock and components in order to reduce manufacturing costs whilst improving quality
- Attend and contribute to the regular inter department VE meetings, feedback minutes suggestions and actions to the wider department, taking the lead in implementing and recommending changes.
- Maintain client standard drawings folders ensuring all information is accurate and all superseded revisions are archived correctly.
- Understand the relevance and requirements of BS EN1090 certification and importance of your activities as they contribute to the achievement of the ISO9001 quality objectives and ISO14001 environmental objectives.
- Amend drawings as per feedback received from Production or Projects using the Engineering Change Request.
- Raising NCR's and completing the paperwork
- Full use of the M1 ERP system.
- Numerate and Literate.
- Fully conversant on software for Drawings (CAD/CorelDraw etc.) Experience of Solidworks beneficial.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system.
- Positive and effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Email
- Manufacturing, or Engineering background with Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings and visuals.
- High attention to detail.
- Positive and customer focussed with the flexibility to adapt to change in requirements.
On offer is a competitive salary plus benefits.
Please contact Craig Grainger for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.