Job Title - Machine Operator
Location - Cumbernauld
Job Type - Temporary position but could lead to full time contract
Hours of Work -
Dayshift - 6am - 2pm / Backshift 2.30pm - 10pm / Nightshift 10pm - 6am
(Weekly Rotational shifts)
Salary - £9.56 per hour.
Search Consultancy are delighted to be working with a food manufacturing company within the Cumbernauld area who are actively recruiting for a machine operative
Main Duties Include:
- Carry out production and packing duties as required.
- To ensure that all goods are packed correctly to avoid damage and to ensure that all packaging is labelled correctly.
- Ensure all products packed are checked at the appropriate frequency against the QAS with no deviation. Any issues to be reported immediately to the Supervisor or QA.
- Carry out CCP checks on the metal detector as per company procedure. Reporting any issues immediately to the Supervisor or QA.
- To ensure your work area and machinery is kept clean and tidy, adopting a "Clean s you go" policy.
- Strip the machines and clean, as per cleaning instructions, at product change overs / end of shift.
- Setup the machines for different products.
- Problem solve any machine issues and rectify quickly to ensure no deviation from product specification.
- Assist with the cleaning at the wash sink area.
- Ensure all manufacturing equipment is treated with respect to avoid any damage.
- Ensure all manufacturing equipment is cleaned properly to avoid any foreign body / quality / machinery issues / downtime.
- At the end of each shift ensure your line is setup ready to go the next day.
- Print out all outercase barcode labels for the bulk boxes as per company procedure.
- Ensure accurate completion of all paperwork, including off line paperwork.
- Run the production lines efficiently, maximising output, while minimising waste and machine downtime.
- Assist with training new operators to a high standard.
- A level of commitment is required during the Company's busy period to meet the business needs.
- To carry out such ad hoc duties that may be required by the business from time to time
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.