AWS Platform Engineer - Glasgow - Permanent
Are you a DevOps professional who is keen to move into a more holistic technical environment where you can work some of Scotland's best known companies? Would you like the opportunity to rapidly progress in a high calibre technical environment with a business that is recognised as one of the worlds most distinguished award winning consultancies? If so, this may be perfect for you…
I am looking for a highly experienced Platform Engineer who would be interested in running new technical solutions on a project basis. This role will see you working with a team of highly experienced infrastructure technologists on a variety of projects. You will be working with some of the best in the industry who work well as a team and have the right attitude with an open policy on collaboration. The company is renowned for their award winning training and progression.
What will I be doing?
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally and at client sites
- Managing, supporting, maintaining and improving the project's infrastructure, automation, continuous integration system and application release process.
- Acting as a bridge between operations and development teams.
- Supporting knowledge transfer by mentoring others.
What do I need for this job?
- AWS Certified Engineer with a background in both Linux and Microsoft.
- AWS environments for prod, dev, test and CI
- Experience of automation, orchestration and delivery tools such as Puppet, Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins
- Good scripting experience
- Ideally some experience of code reviews and design reviews
If this sounds like a position you are interested in and would like to know more, please send your CV for immediate consideration and we will be in contact with you to explain the position further or alternatively call Tony Baker on 0141 272 7720. We expect a high level of interest in the role so please send your CV today!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.