We are looking to recruit an assistant transport manager for a rapidly growing haulage company in Rotherham who will be responsible for the planning and compliance of the vehicles working closely with the transport manager.
The transport office environment is very busy we need people who can cope under pressure, have initiative and worked within a General Haulage environment.
* Assist the Transport Manager with their daily activities and line reports
* Manage all drivers to full legal compliance
* Ensure tachograph and infringements are monitored correctly and signed off
* Ensure driving license mandate forms are sent to the insurers for all drivers
* 'O' License responsibility where required are completed
* Weekly organisation of MOT's, vehicle servicing and service sheets
* Conducting trailer and vehicle checks
* Communicate daily with Workshop Manager to ensure service levels are maintained
* Communicate daily with the planning team and Shift Managers to ensure unit and trailer servicing is adhered to
* Collate information and update KPI reports
* Effectively resolve any issues arising from customer, drivers or third parties to the satisfaction of those concerned
* Conduct detailed Accident/Damage investigations/reports
* Liaise with the insurers regarding accidents, both vehicle and personnel
* Support the Driver Trainer with recruitment and induction of new drivers
* Develop and maintain all relationships with key service providers to ensure full legal compliance.
* Maintain compliance of health & safety, ISO9001 and 14001, policies and procedures
Experience and Skills:
* Experience of working in a busy transport office (General Haulage environment)
* Comprehensive knowledge of Drivers Hours, WTD and Road Transport Regulations
* Strong people management skills, leading by example and engaging with colleagues at all levels
* Ability to train and develop people
* Knowledge of computerised driver management packages
* Excellent IT, communication and customer service skills
* International CPC would be desirable, however knowledge of Transport law would be an advantage
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 45 to 50hrs
28 days holiday, Auto Enrolment pension, onsite parking, uniform and life assurance are provided.
Salary: £25000.00 to £27500.00
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.