ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
UK TOP 20 TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
The role is for one of the UK's well known main contractors. With a successful trading history of over 50 years and a secure project pipeline they are involved in some of the UK's most notable projects. Their ethos is based on their culture and inclusiveness & development of their workforce, ensuring that teams function cohesively and endorse a positive work culture; resulting in them receiving numerous industry accolades and being certified as a top 20 main contractor in the UK.
They are expanding their surveying department owing to the acquisition of a new £20m school in Twickenham, London, and are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who possesses surveying experience within the tier 1 main contractor environment. Reporting to the Senior Surveyor, you will be working closely with the relevant business units, managing commercial aspects of specific projects and driving financial results.
* To effectively communicate and build relationships with key clients, site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff on all aspects of Quantity Surveying on assigned projects to mitigate risk and maintain agreed margins.
* Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
* Support and assist in the recruitment of Assistant/Quantity Surveyors.
* Work on claims and entitlements as required.
* Always focus on health and safety, according to Company procedures.
* Previous experience working in an Assistant Surveyor role
* Experience of working for a tier 1 main contractor company preferred
* Current holder of a BSc in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
* Experience working on a £10m+ project
* IT skills including all Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Valid and applicable CSCS card.
* Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
On offer is a competitive salary & benefits package with a company that continually invest in their workforce. If you feel that this role suits you skillset and ambitions then please apply.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.