Assistant Quantity Surveyor
FM & Building Services
Up to £28,000 per annum + Package
***** A chance to join a Global FM provider ****
This is a chance to join the commercial team of a leading FM provider. You will be reporting into the Commercial manager and Senior Quantity Surveyor and help provide commercial support to a variety of FM contracts.
You will take responsibility for closing out the commercial issues relative to the tasks or packages that you have been assigned.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting a Facilities business
* Understand and assist in implementing the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and support the implementation of these and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
* Be aware of your role within the commercial team in appointing and managing suppliers in terms of the H&S compliance.
* Develop knowledge and use of Spreadsheets and other software to present data accurately and in a manner that is easily understood.
* Develop own knowledge and use of wider IT systems applicable to role.
* Utilise CAFM system to commercially manage and monitor the project where applicable.
* Share knowledge and innovative ways of using IT with the wider Commercial/Project team.
* Understand the importance and impact of the production of essential Management information for our clients.
* Develop own knowledge base of Facilities working practices and industry as a whole
* Understand the importance of a well defined and engaged supply chain.
* Assist the operational team by driving the commercial aspects of delivery and success for the project for which you are responsible
* Assist or produce where appropriate the timely preparation of valuations, submissions of invoices and monitor payment receipt
* Identify any unnecessary costs and inefficient activities and discuss these with the operational team.
* Develop and understand the principles of Lean management and encourage the operational team to innovate and always look for ways to continually improve.
* Contribute to the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business
* Contribute to the production of accurate and timely project financial forecast
* Develop an understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to all forms of contracts that may be applicable to a Facilities project
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including any pricing of variations.
* Develop the ability to identify risks in projects and the utilisation of risk management principles, risk registers and contingencies to minimise the risks
* Develop an ability to procure services and materials in an efficient manner as directed ensuring organisations are capable of carrying out the work in accordance with best practice, legal requirements and the procurement procedures and policies
* Ensure appropriate records and information are kept
* Develop an awareness of Supplier Management
* Develop an awareness of Procurement
* Develop an understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Assist in developing and implementing opportunities for improvement, which overcome problems and / or mitigate risk.
* Develop a full understanding of Facilities commercial processes and procedures and apply to maximize return in terms and profits and service level
* Contribute where appropriate to the resolution of commercial issues.
* Take responsibility for closing out the commercial issues relative to the tasks or packages that you have been assigned.
* Understand the importance of relationships with the client and suppliers and works in a manner that supports this.
* Develop own personal presentation skills by presenting to the commercial/project team where appropriate.
* Attend project or business meetings when appropriate to understand and appreciate different styles of presentation technique.
* Actively manages own self development for example through participation in Professional body activities and attendance at training courses.
* Develop a network on contacts within the business and feedback opportunities and risks to the winning work teams and central departments.
* Relevant academic qualifications and industry qualifications desired
* Candidate must be interest in attaining professional status with RICS.
* Training and sponsorship opportunities will be made available to support this objective.
* Experience required in preparing estimating, preparing quotations, managing cost databases and particularly contract administration via CEMAR system. Awareness of Maximo CAFM system advantageous .
If you think this sounds like something you would be interested please apply and speak with Tom Lilley from Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.