ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR & PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful privately-owned construction companies that began as a family-run business and have now developed into an award-winning tier 1 main contractor. They have a long successful trading history dating to over 50 years, with works being completed in the Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare & Leisure sectors with most projects ranging from £5M - £50M. Their philosophy is based on creating an inclusive culture that helps to breed success for people who have the attitude and aptitude to perform well.
* Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position is protected and financial performance is enhanced.
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting the business.
* Understand and implement the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
* Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role
* Develop a wider knowledge of business systems to manage and present business information. .
* Production of Timely accounts for use in managing the business.
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets.
* Procure services and materials in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with company procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Develop a good understanding of Employment law with particular regard to issues surrounding
* Minimum HNC or equivalent.
* Construction Degree/Masters educated.
* Main Contracting background.
* CSCS card.
* Minimum of 2/3 years working in the construction industry.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity to progress with a global company who invest heavily in the development of their staff.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.