I have a job for an assistant project manager. The assistan project manager will work for a housing association and help with the delivery of new developments.
To manage the delivery of development schemes, ensuring quality, cost certainty, timeliness whilst maintaining compliance and standards at all times.
Core duties and expectations:
- Lead and manage the Project Team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of projects for which you are responsible. These are likely to be smaller and less complex projects than those managed by project managers/ senior project managers
- Support project managers in the delivery of larger more complex developments
- Actively engage in the new business and planning stages of development, working with the commercial
- Ensure all Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards. Monitoring and reporting both throughout the duration of the project and reporting changes
- Compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
- Negotiate and agree contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and cashflow forecasting with contractors and align with internal reporting procedures.
- Agree a clear project strategy with Sales to ensure direct involvement throughout the Project ensuring show home delivery to enable timely sales launch and that customer choice offer is agreed.
- Establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files at the start of each scheme. Ensure that all necessary systems and performance measures are updated with relevant information for use by Senior Managers and other areas of the business.
- All aspects of Health and safety on site and reporting requirements.
- Actively manage, report and react to all Risks
- Ensure compliant handovers of all properties, manage transfer of responsibilities to Aftercare.
It is essential that the successful candidate has excellent project management skills, a strong command of MS Office, and excellent verbal and written skills. They must be a good communicator, with experience of taking part in complex negotiations.
Project Management and/or construction experience is also essential, as is a degree, or formal qualifications in a relevant field.
36.25 Hours per week Mon - Fri.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.