Assistant Planner - Excellent Project Experience - Manchester
* Are you looking to work on one of the regions biggest build projects?
* Are you new to the industry looking to work with a market leader to develop your career further?
* Are you looking to work as a Planner or have technical / engineering knowledge within construction and looking to move into Planning?
If so, don't miss the opportunity to work with a leading company that will catapult your career working a major project.
Our client are looking for a Assistant Planner to support Senior Planners and the Regional Planner with the planning and programming of the design, procurement and construction activities associated with the works.
To support the programme and planning management for the team in the preconstruction and construction phases.
Programme development & control
* To support in the development of the baseline contract programme, covering all aspects of design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover. All elements to be fully logic linked and have a critical path.
* To support in the preparation of a construction (target) programme highlighting areas of improvement against the contract programme.
* To support in the preparation of the tender event programme for the procurement of subcontractors incorporating design release and lead in activities.
* Maintain electronic files and administration of planning and programme documents to facilitate retrieval as required. Utilising the common data environment (CDE).
* To help develop a 4D graphical model, where required or 2D phasing plans. To represent the sequence of build, phasing and logistics.
* To support in the development of construction methodology to effectively demonstrate the construction techniques and sequencing in order to successfully deliver projects.
* To support in the production of the project prelim books including, but not limited to, staff resource, logistics and temporary works requirements.
* To engage with the supply chain to support in the development of the project programme with regards to design, lead-in's, construction periods, plant & labour requirements
Reporting, progress and as built information
* Help to develop tracking schedules as required to maintain information and control the production of programmes by the subcontractors.
* To support in the development of the as built programme, highlighting where the programme has deviated from the baseline programme.
* To support in the use of the 4D model and/or 2D phasing information to highlight the current progress position of the programme.
* To support in the use of output rates to track live progress on projects.
* To support the senior planners on defining the current programme position on all projects they are working on a weekly / monthly basis. To regular review programmes, outputs and phasing with the senior planners.
* To support the planning team in the duties under planning and programme management in the preconstruction process.
* To support the planning team in the duties under planning and programme management on site.
* To learn about the programme and entitlements under the contract
* To input to the programme reporting, weekly and monthly as required.
* To check the quality of the production of planning and programme documents generally under their control.
* To help prove programme periods by means of sub-contractor liaison, benchmarking from previous or similar projects and project team consultation.
Experience & Skills
* Relevant Degree or diploma
* Qualifications in construction management
* Membership of relevant professional body, where applicable
* Some experience of working within a team.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Some knowledge and understanding of industry best practice
* Basic Asta Powerproject Training - Introduction to Asta Powerproject.
* Presentation Techniques Training
* Contract awareness - Understanding JCT and NEC forms of contract
* CPD Generally - Attend at least 6no events per year on construction techniques and best practice..
If you have any other requirements, or would like to apply - please send your details ASAP
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.