We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Events Manager at a prestigious hotel in the area.
The ideal candidate will have experience or be able to demonstrate the below duties:
- Meeting deadlines set by clients, hotel and other parties involved in holding an event
- Enduring that Event rooms are set up and broken down to the required
- Schedules in place are being adhered to
- Ensuring the departmental SOP Manual is being adhered to
- Reporting any maintenance requirements to the Maintenance Manager
- Demonstration of Leadership Values
- Pre-event meetings with client
- Aiding the Manager in dealing with customer and guest comments or requirements
- Advising the Manager of any noted shortfalls, service issues or unrealistic targets at the earliest opportunity.
- Liaising with the Manager to ensure the supervision of the service of food, wine and other beverages to ensure that this service meets the hotels standards
- Ensuring all organisers are greeted and their expectations are discussed
Controlling Costs / Revenue - Adjusting payroll cost in response to business levels
- Ensuring that billing procedures are being adhered to
- Ensuring that all equipment within the department (hotel owned or hired) is used, stored and cleaned correctly to reduce the amount of damage.
- Carrying out stock-takes as required
- To ensure that dirty linen is counted and controlled
Training & Development
- All new team members to undergo departmental induction
-Initial two-week training plan implemented for new team members
- Actively contributing towards Personal Development Plan
- Managing training and development of all team members
- Adhering to the hotels communication policy
- Communicating with the team regarding the day's business
Health & Safety
- Ensuring that overall standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times in both front and back of house
- All legal notices displayed in the work place
Key Performance Indicators:
Guest feedback, repeat business
Guest Comment Cards
Health & Safety Audits
Should you feel you are the right applicant for this role then please do not hesitate in contacting us.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.