Key responsibilities include:
* Assist with the month end processes, including paying Partners, reconciling payments made and postings on the system.
* Posting and approving echits onto the finance system.
* Supervising the cashiers and second authorising outbound payments.
* Daily bank reconciliations for client, office and deposit accounts together with associated investigation and administration.
* Assisting with other areas of finance, such as sales and purchase ledger where required.
* Assist Compliance with any file closure queries.
* Undertake any further work, tasks or projects as reasonably requested by the Finance Director.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Working within the finance department with five other members of staff and reporting to the Finance Director, your responsibilities will include all aspects of finance for a busy Solicitors Practice. The role will involve providing support to the Finance Director and the rest of the team where relevant. This is a high-profile role involving interaction across the business at all levels. Attention to detail, flexibility and a can-do attitude are prerequisites for this role.
Skills And Abilities
* Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
* Excellent listening skills with a proactive, problem solving approach
* Client service oriented. Reliable, keeps commitments, pro active
* Great attention to detail
* Outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills and thrives on meeting exacting deadlines and delivering exceptional service to internal clients
* A calm, professional, welcoming approach with the ability to work under pressure
* Ability to plan and control activities to meet objectives
An active ACCA studier would be preferrable.
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
* Be able to maintain a positive and cheerful demeanour to building excellent working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues and partners
* Be very people oriented - want to be helpful and sort things out for people
* Thrive on spinning many plates with a cool head and to empathise with those you are spinning them for
* Willing to travel to London and occasionally work unsocial hours if business need dictates
* Be a good team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the firm and your team
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.