Do you have excellent knowledge of Life & Pensions accounting?
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for one of the UK's leading life insurance, pensions and asset management companies. The role is a fixed term contract spanning 6 months with a high scope to go permanent at the end & will be based in South Gyle, Edinburgh.
Reporting into the Head of Financial Operations you'll play a key role in the processing of all financial transactions within the company. This will include the processing of cash receipts and payments, the maintenance of General Ledger for the operational businesses and expenses & the management of relationships with IFAs.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
* Preparation, review and process journals, accruals and prepayments
* Perform reconciliations over all ledgers for banks/control accounts to standard and deadlines, analysis of ledger balances and movements and transactions over all ledgers, highlighting issues
* Perform daily cash management activities to ensure adequate cash is held for operational processes, produce daily cash forecasts
* Produce & reconcile monthly expenses charging model to ledger, budget & forecast for inclusion in reporting
* Update ledgers with cost centre changes & budget uploads
The ideal candidate will have:
* Accounting qualification or working towards ACCA/CIMA
* Experience of L&P industry
* Ability to plan and work to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy
* Experience of book keeping, expenses and general ledger processes
Benefits of the role are:
* Refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged.
* Fair, equitable and consistent remuneration, linked to performance.
* Highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your CV today using the link provided.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age