Assistant Accountant - 26k- 29k+ Excellent Benefits Package - Manchester - Permanent
Working in partnership with Search, this innovative, ambitious and hugely diverse national organisation is seeking a Accounting Team Manager to join the Leadership Team.
Based in the Manchester Shared Service Centre this newly created role will enable you support the Accounting Team Manager in delivering best practice and driving performance across a business which has a turnover in the billions.
The Assistant Accountant will provide financial accounting support in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reallocation of costs. Responsible for the submission of taxation returns and related information to the Group taxation department or external agencies.
- Responsible for providing financial accounting support in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reallocation of costs.
- Support in the delivery of the monthly Vat submission certifying errors are minimised and service level agreements are met.
- Track performance measurements to identify performance issues and drive out process defects.
- Support the Senior Accounting Office process consider historical feedback, embed lessons learnt.
- Responsible for the submission of taxation returns
- Operate within the pre-agreed accounting control framework, demonstrate a control mind set. Continually review the local framework for adherence, where gaps are identified take personal ownership to define, socialise and embed improvements.
- Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, play your part in embedding a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements.
- Support the organisations better day every day initiative by highlighting areas of potential improvement at the daily / weekly focus groups.
- To actively build and maintain positive relationships with partners to deliver a continuing professional service.
This award winning organisation is truly innovative in what they do and there are fantastic career opportunities available.
For further information, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search
1st round interviews will be taking place Mid December so if you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search on 0161 835 8619 firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.