Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Up to £0.00 per annum
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in Cheshire to recruit an Assessment officer.
Full-time role 37 hours a week and pay rate is between £18 - £22 an hour.
Complete accurate and timely assessments Adult Social Care and Benefits customers in accordance with legislation, policies, case law, and the working practices and procedures of the council. To deal with customer enquiries by telephone, in person or on visit as required, and to support colleagues and partners in prioritising customer needs, and providing excellent customer care.
1. To undertake work allocated on the assessment of all types of Housing Benefit (HB), Council Tax Reduction Scheme (CTRS) and Free School Meals applications, including applications from students, the self- employed, all types of tenures, overpayment calculations and underlying entitlement, initial investigation on complaints, verifying claims to an agreed standard.
2. Complete Social Care financial assessments according to established procedures, exercising discretion within defined limits. Ensure completion of all necessary documentation as part of the process so that charges are correctly and fairly established and levied.
3. Obtain and verify service users' personal information about disability related expenditure where appropriate and make further financial assessment of ability to pay towards the care services provided.
4. Visit customers as required in their own home, or elsewhere to resolve assessment related queries and to collect and verify personal financial information and assess the users' ability to pay toward their services, liaising with social care managers as appropriate.
5. Maintain customer's records accurately via the Council's on-line computer systems, complying with Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other security standards.
6. To give accurate welfare benefit advice as appropriate to ensure that customers receive the maximum amounts of benefits and additional income they are entitled to. Recalculate assessments as appropriate.
7. Identify and initiate recovery of overpaid benefits and classify each overpayment for subsidy purposes. Ensure overpayments are identified, calculated and notified in accordance with the HB/CTR legislation, maintaining effective communications with claimants and other stakeholders.
8. To provide support, training or mentoring to colleagues and partners as required.
9. Deal with complex customer enquiries and provide assistance to customer service teams where appropriate.
10. Work in partnership with the Council Tax Billing/ Debt Recovery/ Corporate Fraud sections and maintain effective communication on common issues.
11. Liaise with Social Care teams, DWP offices, the Rent Officer Service, Housing Associations and private landlords on individual cases.
12. To identify and refer:
a. Cases of potential fraud to the Corporate Fraud Team for investigation, liaising with investigators as required;
b. Cases of financial mismanagement by third parties to appropriate Social Care Team Managers in accordance with Protection procedures so that service users are protected and income is secured.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at Mike.Shaw@search.co.uk or call to 01618358764.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age